There are many reasons for selling San Ramon homes. Job transfers, downsizing, trading up, or maybe a life of world travels. No matter what your reason, it is a big financial and emotional decision. And there are a lot of realtors out there. A real estate agent will handle all aspects of selling your house, from pricing, marketing and showings to the all the moving parts involved in closing the deal. This person also needs to educate you about the mechanics of a home sale and manage your expectations. So how do you go about finding a good one? Here are some guidelines for choosing the best agent for your needs.
1. Choose a local real estate agent with a good reputation and track record. Ask a friend or neighbor. Get a recommendation from someone you know.
2. This agent should have a significant on-line presence. The world of real estate has moved into cyberspace. That’s where buyers are looking for homes nowadays. Be sure the agent has savvy technical capabilities.
3. Can you develop a rapport with this person? Be sure you are comfortable, and can have an open relationship. Trust and commitment on both sides is very important.
4. Be sure this agent knows your neighborhood and city well. Buyers and other agents will have lots of questions.
5. This person should have great negotiating skills, and be professional, well spoken and polished. They are representing you and your best interests.
6. You hired this person, and he or she works for you. Be sure they will be available to you when you need them. They should respond quickly to your phone calls/questions.
7. Your agent should enjoy what they do, and have passion and interest in their job.
If not, keep looking.
Selling a house is a process. A good real estate agent needs the skill and experience to take you from start to finish. Choose wisely. Interview a few, and select the one that meets your criteria. In the beginning, you and your agent will meet to discuss timelines, pricing, and how and when to begin showing your house. The process of readying your house for showing will be next. Your realtor will be able to help you determine how best to stage your home and market its advantages. Your agent will then promote your listing to the buyer audience, and the real estate community via online media, and print. Your agent should check in with you regularly and often, and skillfully negotiate on your behalf when the offers come in. Once you have an offer you are comfortable with, your agent will see that the closing takes place in the most expedient manner possible, concluding in a successful transfer of ownership to the buyer.
Oftentimes when a transaction goes smoothly and you are a satisfied client, you think of your realtor when the time comes to purchase another home for yourself or if a friend requires the services of a realtor. Referrals are the finest compliments. If you are looking for an agent to sell your home, I would love the opportunity to help you make that happen. Call, text or email today. Let’s talk!