Selling your home is a process and a journey. With a good realtor at your side, the journey can be fairly painless. The Mona Koussa team has 17+ years of experience, and keeps sellers in the loop and informed every step of the way. Some pieces of advice we give our clients are:
- Put your best face forward. Doing some cleaning and sprucing up, de-cluttering, and repair work will help make your home more appealing to more potential buyers. Many folks are looking for a turnkey, or a move in ready home. With a little elbow grease and foresight, your home can be easier to sell.
- Be realistic about the selling price of your home. As Realtors, we have resources like the Comparative Market Analysis to help determine the proper market value. An overpriced home is difficult to sell, and may sit on the market awhile.
- Make sure you disclose all known facts about your property. Sellers’ disclosures are a legal requirement, and it’s pointless to hide any problems with the property. Having your home inspected before putting it on the market will put you at an advantage, and help avoid unpleasant and expensive surprises once the home is under contract. Any issues with the property will be uncovered when the buyers conduct their inspections. It is advisable to address the repair or problem ahead of time, or allow for the price of that repair when negotiating with a buyer.
- We make sure your buyer gives written confirmation that they have received and read those disclosures, which is also a legal requirement.
- Try to disconnect emotionally. Once you’ve decided to sell your home, if possible, file away your sentimental feelings about the home, and regard it as an asset. Many strangers will be parading thru the place, poking around, and critiquing it. Don’t take it personally. It’s a big choice for them too.
- Be patient. When folks want to come look at your home, do your best to accommodate them, even if it’s inconvenient. And be sure to tidy up and de-clutter every time. All this hassle will be worth it when a great offer comes in!
- Not just accepting the highest offer without considering the other contractual items. Sometimes money isn’t the only thing to go for. There are many other factors at play, and your Realtor can help with the strategies.
- Making sure multiple offers and back up offers are handled properly and legally. We understand what the process is to keep the process above board.
- Make sure you enter into contract with a qualified buyer. Nowadays, most buyers come to the table armed with a pre-approval letter from their lender. This will help you choose between offers more wisely.
- Keep an open mind. Be prepared mentally and financially for a variety of scenarios. Depending on the market, or your neighborhood, your house could sell quickly, or sit on the market for awhile. Every transaction contains a unique combination sellers and buyers. Hold on, and try to keep things in perspective. We’ll be with you every step of the way!
If you are thinking about selling your home, start with a home value evaluation, to help you with your pricing strategy.