Thinking about buying your next east bay homes, may be this is a good time to buy. With the monthly cost of owning a home more affordable now than at any point in the past 15 years, home ownership is becoming less expensive than renting in a growing number of cities. If you are renting, this is a good time to start thinking about owning your own San Ramon condo or Castro Valley home. Also Pleasanton homes and Dublin homes offer a wide verity of options. You can find your dream home at an affordable price that can best meet your lifestyle.
• The Wall Street Journal’s third-quarter survey of housing-market conditions in 28 of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas found that home values declined in all but five markets compared with the second quarter, according to data from Zillow Inc.
• Meanwhile, rent levels have risen briskly across the country and mortgage rates, hovering around 4 percent, are the lowest in six decades.
• As a result, monthly mortgage payments on the median priced home – including taxe and insurance – are lower than the average rent levels in 12 metro areas, according to data compiled by Marcus & Millichap.
• Home ownership also is looking more affordable because after several years of declines, apartment rents will rise approximately 4 percent this year, and rents are poised to pick up even more momentum across the country next year, according to Marcus & Millichap.
• Affordability could continue to improve as prices slide even lower in coming months. Price declines are likely because the share of “distressed” sales, including bank-owned foreclosures, tend to rise in the winter, when traditional sales activity cools. Read the full story
There are great properties newly listed on the market! I would love to help you find the perfect home for you and your family. As a seasoned expert in the East Bay area in Northern California and with over thirteen years proven experience in successful transactions, and over $270 million in closed sales, I am your neighborhood link to exiting new listings. I have an intimate understanding of market trends and knowledge of neighborhood amenities — Give me a call (925-831-9615) or visit my San Ramon Homes to schedule a meeting.
View East Bay Real Estate newest listings.