Create a Gorgeous Thanksgiving Table
- Accessorize with Nature. Stroll through the neighborhood and gather leaves, branches, and pine cones. Or if you don’t feel like going on a scavenger hunt, go to your local grocery store for pumpkins, gourds, eucalyptus, rosemary, or even artichokes. Lay down your finds along the table for a fresh and modern approach to decorating.
- Dip it in Gold. Grab a bottle of metallic spray paint or gold paint and dress up your findings with for a touch of gilded glamour. Not into gold? Browse the acrylic paint section at your craft store for a wide selection of colors. Your options are endless!
- Use golden mercury glass votives and simple cream colored candles to cast a warm glow around your dining table. Just make sure you don’t use scented candles! Let the aroma of your delicious meal fill the air.
- Mix and Match. Opt for tableware in a variety of materials and finishes for dimension and character. Mix clear glass with ceramic tableware, and combine vintage with more contemporary pieces.
- Personalize and Get Creative. Personalized touches really make all the difference. Make your own place cards with leftover cork screws, pears, apples, leaves, pine cones, and so much more.
- Layer, layer, layer. Start with a tablecloth and build up with a runner, dinner chargers, and then add natural elements such as pumpkins, gourds, and branches. For something more simple and budget friendly try brown craft paper as your tablecloth. Pass out some crayons for the kids (and adults) and just toss away at the end of the evening!
Switch up the Traditional Color Palette. Warm caramel hues and rich oranges and reds are great, but try stepping away from the traditional and think outside the box. Combine white, black, gold, with touches of bright pink and orange flowers for a striking modern look. Or embrace rustic beauty and go with clean neutral colors and soft lilac flowers and air plants for a more simplistic look.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.