Consider new homes as an option, if you’ve been looking for a home to purchase and haven’t been able to find the right one. Although there is limited real estate space in the Bay Area, there are a few new home developments being built even in the most congested neighborhoods. Toll Brothers, for example, is developing in Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. KB homes are also building in San Francisco, Milpitas, San Jose, and Hayward and as far away as Mountain House.
Believe it or not, you are more likely to find the right home purchasing from a builder than finding it in the existing market. In order to reach a wide range of home buyers and sell their inventory fast, new home builders offer a variety of home options including location, size and price. Best of all, some builders tend to give buyers an array of options to customize the home. For example, you can choose to make the home a five bedroom instead of four and a loft or vice versa. It is even possible to add a loft instead of high ceilings above your living room. Not to mention your choices in paint colors, wood verses iron stair case, carpet verses hardwood flooring or two shower heads instead of one in your master bath.
Although you can find the right home and make it your own, when purchasing new there are a great deal of advantages—the biggest of which is the construction and design of these homes. Builders are designing the new homes to be green, safe, energy efficient, and smart with well-organized floor plans.
Here are the top 8-reasons a new home might be a better option for you:
1. Customization. You choose colors, floors, loft option, 2nd bedroom on the first floor.
2. Energy Efficiency Benefits. Double-pane windows, energy-efficient doors and appliances and sometimes solar power systems.
3. Move –in Ready Homes. Once you get the key to your new home you get to move in; you don’t need to worry about needing new paint or a new roof.
4. Up-to-date Safety. New homes are built with the newest building codes including electrical, gas and appliances—so that you have peace of mind in regards to safety.
5. Green Home Options. Built with specific materials and specifications, green homes use less energy, water and can have a better resale value.
6. 10-Years Warranty. California home builders are required by law to provide home owners with a 10-year home warranty which covers structure, and appliances.
7. Little Maintenance. With new roof, floors, appliances and paint, it is less likely that you will need to change the roof or the floors in the near future.
8. New Home and New Neighborhood. Just like driving a new car, living in a new home has the feeling and smell of you and only you!
Buying new homes is a choice you make when you want the best of everything. Although there are lots of choices when purchasing existing homes, it won’t be perfectly tailored to you and your family’s needs.
We have helped many satisfied clients purchase their new homes and at the same time established long and meaningful relations with with builders sales offices.